Friday, July 2, 2010

Serious about souls.

It didn't matter to the shepherd that he still had ninety nine sheep; nor was the woman satisfied with nine coins while one was missing. No desert was too wide to traverse, no chasm too deep to search, no mountain too high to climb, no river too swift to cross. He must find his sheep. The woman would leave no corner unswept and no rubbish pile to impede the progress of her search. They were serious, they weren't giving up. They didn't just wait for the coin to 'turn up', or the sheep to find its way back. They stopped what they were doing, important though those duties may have been, to seek those lost.

These people make me ashamed. Yet, in my own life I can see how I've done the same, but bestowed my efforts on something of little consequence. I can put my whole heart into seeking and 'saving'... but is it a soul, or my lost moneybag...?

Don't forget either, they were searching for only one.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Becca, I appreciated this! This is especially applicable and was a blessing to me at this time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, what higher work is there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate this, as well. To always remember that it is worth it, even for only one...

    ReplyDelete